Carpets are definitely among the best flooring solutions known to mankind. They are beautiful and stylish, and add a unique touch of coziness and class to your home. Unfortunately, carpets are also notorious for being very hard to keep clean and tidy. If you want to get the best out the rugs in your home, you will find the several suggestions for carpet cleaning listed below very useful.
- The first thing is to vacuum your carpets as often as possible. Vacuuming every day is of course the best option, but two-three times a week will also be satisfactory in case you do not have the time and the energy to do it more regularly. Just vacuum the entire floor twice in the opposite directions and make sure that your cleaner’s bag is empty before you start. Thus you will avoid your vacuum leaving dirt and dust particles behind when it is supposed to clean your carpet, and you will increase the suction power of the machine.
- Carpet stains are definitely among the hardest spots to clean in your home. An easy to make solution includes a mix of laundry detergent and water. Before scrubbing the stain, let the solution stay for ten to fifteen minutes, so that it enters the fabric deeper. Then scrub in different directions for best effect.
- Once you are finished with the cleaning solution, some of it may still remain on the fabrics of your carpet, which might not be the result you have been after. Do not worry – excess cleaning solution and soap are easily removed by going over the area with clean water and a brush.
- Now your carpet is nearly as good-looking and fresh as it has ever been. To add the finishing touch you will have to wait for it to dry. Vacuum the whole carpet again. Any dust and dirt particles that have been loosened from the fabrics will be completely removed, and you will give your carpet a cozy fluffy look, just as if you have installed it several minutes ago on your floor.
- If you want to prolong the life of your carpets and rugs, experts advise to have them professionally cleaned with steam carpet cleaning equipment at least once a year. Your local cleaning contractor Carpet Cleaning Carshalton most probably has such a machine, so do not hesitate to call them and get professional cleaners treat the carpet.